This house was built in 1901-1902 for H. Schumacher. It was purchased in 1906 by Richard H. Haynes (1875-1942) who, with his father, founded the Haynes (Sealy) Mattress Company in 1909. Local confectionery store owner F. J. Felcman bought the property in 1927 and added on to the rear in 1929. It remained in his family until 1995. The structure is a fine example of a Queen Anne residence with a projecting front gable decorated with wood shingles, stained glass, and jigsawn brackets. The front porch also displays late Victorian details including wood balusters and frieze. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1999
415 Main Street
Sealy, TX 77474-2232
PO Box 517
Sealy, TX 77474-0517
Phone: (979) 885-3511
Fax: (979) 885-3513
The City of Sealy will strive to assure the highest quality of life for those who choose to live, work, and play here while protecting the City's economic well-being for current and future generations.
The City of Sealy is dedicated to preserving our history of excellence while continually investing in our future of progress.
Copyright © City of Sealy,Texas. All rights reserved. | Website Policies and Disclaimer