Saint John's Episcopal Church
This congregation was organized in 1885, five years after the railroad town of Sealy was founded. Among the church's early supporters was railroad official George Sealy, for whom the town was named and who served on the missionary board of the Episcopal Diocese of Texas. The congregation's first building, erected two blocks north of this site in 1889, was destroyed in the 1900 hurricane. A new church structure was built at this site in 1910. Throughout its history, Saint John's Church has served the community with worship, educational, and outreach programs. (1992)
415 Main Street
Sealy, TX 77474-2232
PO Box 517
Sealy, TX 77474-0517
Phone: (979) 885-3511
Fax: (979) 885-3513
The City of Sealy will strive to assure the highest quality of life for those who choose to live, work, and play here while protecting the City's economic well-being for current and future generations.
The City of Sealy is dedicated to preserving our history of excellence while continually investing in our future of progress.
Copyright © City of Sealy,Texas. All rights reserved. | Website Policies and Disclaimer